Emmanuel Lutheran Church and School is embarking on an exciting time for our congregation. Deeper Roots ~ Higher Sights is the theme for our stewardship emphasis.
A large ministry center (fellowship space) gives opportunity for members to meet with one another and visitors, making further connections. The proposed ministry center space allows for:
- Gathering of large group fellowship activities: after services, dinners, funeral luncheons, seminars, workshops, organizational meetings, community activities, wedding receptions, etc.
- Sharing the Word: Bible study space for large and concurrent small group meetings; large group meetings for all ages; vacation Bible school gatherings; outreach activities, etc.
- Dining (serving) area for church and school
- Assembling of school activities (plays, stage productions, large group gatherings)
- Meeting space to initiate future ministry programs
In addition, a ministry center will provide:
- Three large classrooms, grades 6-8 of our elementary school
- Reconfigured and welcoming entrance for visitors to our church offices
- Multi-purpose youth ministry center
- Spacious pastoral offices and counseling area
- Staff (church and school) work rooms
The Deeper Roots ~ Higher Sights fund appeal seeks to address our desire to design a ministry space for Emmanuel’s thriving and growing ministries. Our hope is to present gifts totaling $2.5 million over three years. All special gifts for Deeper Roots ~ Higher Sights will be used to expand our facilities and are over and above current giving. May God bless our desire to better connect with each other and visitors to our campus with the ultimate purpose of being able to share the gospel.
You are invited to come and hear for yourself what this stewardship emphasis is all about during these upcoming presentations. To sign up for a presentation, use the sign up link below, email email@example.com
, or call the church office at 480-967-3983.
Sign up for a group presentation
Sunday, March 10 at 9:15 a.m.
Sunday, March 10 at 11:45 a.m.
Wednesday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 17 at 9:15 a.m.
Sunday, March 17 at 11:45 a.m.
Monday, March 18 at 2:15 p.m.
Monday, March 18 at 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19 at 7:00 p.m.
Summary of Building Plans
In December 2018 the congregation approved a two-story ministry center as the focus of Deeper Roots, Higher Sights, Phase 2. The plan is to locate the ministry center on the north end of campus. The lower level will contain a large open space that can be configured for education, fellowship, and special events. Also included in the lower level are church offices, a kitchen, storage, and bathrooms. The upper level contains classroom space for our elementary school and for youth ministry. The 2-story building is estimated to cost $3.8 million.
Voter Information Sheet (Dec. 19, 2018)
1st Floor Ministry Center Plan
2nd Floor Ministry Center Plan