History of Project
In December 2018 the congregation approved a two-story Ministry and Education Center. The plan is to locate the Ministry and Education Center on the north end of campus. The lower level will contain a large open space that can be configured for education, fellowship, and special events. Also included in the lower level are church offices, a kitchen, storage, and bathrooms. The upper level contains classroom space for our elementary school and for youth ministry. The 2-story building is estimated to cost between $4.0 million and $4.5 million.
In the spring of 2019 our membership committed to giving $1.2 million toward the planned building project over the next three years. That appeal, entitled Deeper Roots Higher Sights
, ended on February 28, 2022. The congregation generously responded by giving close to $1.3 million toward that appeal. Praise be to God!
The congregation has decided to continue with a second appeal, entitled Growing to Serve,
which started on March 1, 2022. The three-year goal of this appeal is an additional $1 million. As of March 10, 2022, over $730,000 have already been committed for Growing to Serve.
Praise be to God!
We have a number of important dates scheduled for our Growing to Serve
- March 6 - worship focused on the theme Growing in Jesus' Word
- March 13 - worship focused on the theme Growing in our Mission
- March 20 - worship focused on the theme Growing in our Service (Fruits)
- April 3 - Celebration Sunday
We have one more group presentation scheduled where you can receive a packet of information. That presentation is scheduled for March 20 at 11:45 a.m. Since we are serving a meal, we ask that you would register HERE.
We ask all our members to return their promise sheets for the Growing to Serve
appeal by April 3, which is our Celebration Sunday.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church shares the love of Jesus and the truth of his saving Word with the people of our church, community, and world. We are committed to doing this now and for the future. Our Ministry and Education Center is a tool that will assist us in carrying out that mission today. We are committed to building a Ministry and Education Center for the Lord's work, providing Christian training and encouragement for people of all ages.
Purpose of the Ministry and Education Center
A Ministry and Education Center gives opportunity for members to connect with one another and with guests. The proposed Ministry and Education Center allows for:
- Sharing the Word: Bible study space for large and concurrent small group meetings; large group meetings for all ages; new member courses; vacation Bible school gatherings; outreach activities, etc.
- Gathering of large group fellowship activities: after services, dinners, funeral luncheons, seminars, workshops, organizational meetings, community activities, wedding receptions, etc.
- School activities (plays, stage productions, large group gatherings)
- Dining (serving) area for church and school
- Meeting space to initiate future ministry programs
In addition, a Ministry and Education Center will provide:
- Classrooms for the upper grades of our elementary school
- Reconfigured and welcoming entrance for visitors to our church offices
- Multi-purpose youth ministry area
- Inviting pastoral offices and counseling area
- Staff (church and school) work rooms
Emmanuel members have committed to giving special offerings toward the building project which are over and above their regular offerings that support Emmanuel's ongoing ministry.
If you have not yet pledged a specific amount and would like to do so, please contact the church office at email@example.com
or 480-967-3983, and someone will assist you. You can also fill out a promise sheet
and mail it or bring it to the church.
It is our prayer that the Lord Jesus will continue to richly bless the ministry of Emmanuel Lutheran Church and School. We also pray that he will use us for his eternal purposes in saving more people by his grace. May we all see opportunities to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to use the gifts he has given to us to serve him for his glory.