History of Project
In December 2018 the congregation approved a two-story ministry center as the focus of Deeper Roots, Higher Sights, Phase 2. The plan is to locate the ministry center on the north end of campus. The lower level will contain a large open space that can be configured for education, fellowship, and special events. Also included in the lower level are church offices, a kitchen, storage, and bathrooms. The upper level contains classroom space for our elementary school and for youth ministry. The 2-story building is estimated to cost $3.8 million.
In the spring of 2019 our membership committed to giving $1.2 million toward the planned building project over the next three years. On June 2 our congregation made a grant request to a foundation for $1 million. At this point we are waiting for a definite answer from the foundation. As our financial picture for the building project comes into view, we are prepared to make adjustments as needed and keep moving forward. We are committed to a ministry center for the Lord's work, providing Christian training and encouragement for people of all ages.
Purpose of Ministry Center
A ministry center gives opportunity for members to connect with one another and with guests. The proposed ministry center space allows for:
- Sharing the Word: Bible study space for large and concurrent small group meetings; large group meetings for all ages; new member courses; vacation Bible school gatherings; outreach activities, etc.
- Gathering of large group fellowship activities: after services, dinners, funeral luncheons, seminars, workshops, organizational meetings, community activities, wedding receptions, etc.
- School activities (plays, stage productions, large group gatherings)
- Dining (serving) area for church and school
- Meeting space to initiate future ministry programs
In addition, a ministry center will provide:
- Classrooms for the upper grades of our elementary school
- Reconfigured and welcoming entrance for visitors to our church offices
- Multi-purpose youth ministry area
- Inviting pastoral offices and counseling area
- Staff (church and school) work rooms
Emmanuel members have committed to giving special offerings toward the building project which are over and above their regular offerings that support Emmanuel's ongoing ministry.
If you have not yet pledged a specific amount and would like to do so, please contact the church office at email@example.com
or 480-967-3983, and someone will assist you. A promise sheet which the membership used to make financial commitements is also attached below.
Ministry Center Update November 2020
1st Floor Ministry Center Plan
2nd Floor Ministry Center Plan